Go to the U of M home page

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Outstanding Service Awards

Just before winter break, we learned that not one, not two, not three, but four (count em, four!) UGE colleagues were awarded Outstanding Service Awards.

This year’s winners are:
  • Alison Blomster
  • Angela Bowlus 
  • Katie Clark 
  • Kendrick Erickson
Please join me in congratulating these four colleagues on this recognition and thanking them for all that they do for CLA, for Undergraduate Education, and for the success of our students. I will not make this post too long by providing a lot of detail on why these folks won. The CLA Staff Appreciation Ceremony is on Tuesday, January 31 from 2:30–4:30 at the McNamara Alumni Center, and our four winners will receive their certificates and have their accomplishments and contributions described at that time.

As much as it pleases me to recognize these four winners, I am compelled to add that there are many additional UGE members going above and beyond and delivering outstanding service on a daily basis. I know this first hand, because the work team I nominated for an OSA this year was not recognized, and by golly I know they deserved it! I know this second hand, because my leadership team keeps me apprised of the amazing things that all of you do and the dedication you show to our mission and goals.

I am the luckiest guy in CLA to be able to work with a group of such consummate professionals. Thank you for all that you do.