Go to the U of M home page

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Fore!

CLA administration had a seven hole mini-golf course laid out in Johnston Hall on October 28 as part of the Community Fund Drive. I won’t tell you my score, but Katie Clark was overall winner across the seven holes. Congratulations, Katie! More importantly, this was a record-setting event in terms of raising money for the fund drive. Thank you to everyone who participated.

UGE was well represented constructing three of the seven holes. Number five was set up by FYE student leaders. The hole was deceptively hard, and I thought that the bubble wrap “rough” presented more difficulties than it had any right to. This hole also wins the most colors award. Great job FYE student leaders.

Construction on FYE Hole 7

Hole number 6 was close to home (right outside my office door). I didn’t do too badly on the “home” course, but I think Dean John Coleman showed himself to be a ringer. Kudos to Katie and Renee for assembling a great, and fearsomely familiar, hazard in front of the cup.


The last hole was a feast of inside jokes, computer history, and obscure nerd references. I loved it. I also failed miserably, spending more time with the building blocks and the bugs than was optimal, although I was able to avoid the water hazard. Andrew, Eric, and Kendrick are the evil geniuses behind this tribute to APLUS, Schedule Builder, ORDB, bugs, dolphins, and oceans of Diet Coke.


I don’t know how anyone will top this event next year, but it’s not too early to begin planning your mini-golf hole for the 2017 Community Fund Drive.